Lead Counsel, Indonesia
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible generalist lawyer to join the APAC legal team as Lead Counsel, Indonesia. The role is broad and, among other things, involves advising internal clients on legal and regulatory risks and strategy in Indonesia. This role requires the ability to work both independently and with large multi-stakeholder teams. We are looking for someone with sharp analytical and communication skills, who is diligent, proactive, collaborative, and has demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking. This is a full-time position based in Jakarta. The position will report to the Deputy Head of APAC Legal based in Singapore.
- Advisory and project management responsibility with respect to a broad range of legal subjects including corporate structuring, regulatory, content, cybersecurity and general commercial advice
- Work collaboratively with the APAC and global legal teams, as well as public policy, communications and sales & marketing teams, to advise on legal and regulatory strategy for Indonesia, effectively balancing domestic and global perspectives.
- Participation in other projects (both Asia and global based) as directed.
- Native level fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Qualified as an advokat or foreign legal consultant (Konsultan Hukum Asing) in Indonesia
- Keen understanding of Indonesian regulations and developments in Indonesian law affecting tech companies.
- At least 6 years post-qualification experience. Prior experience working for a global MNC in Indonesia would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on a wide variety of subject matter, including internet and cybersecurity laws, user-generated content, corporate and regulatory issues.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience navigating stakeholders through highly ambiguous situations
- Exercise excellent judgment and provide practical solutions
- Open to travel as and when required
Back to top