Lead Counsel, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player with a passion for online intermediary liability issues to serve as Lead Counsel, APAC. The role will tackle cutting-edge issues on a global scale arising from content posted by users on Facebook, Instagram, and the company's other services; amongst a broad range of legal subjects.The ideal candidate will have experience handling regulatory and/or litigation matters, and will be eager to roll up their sleeves and find creative solutions to help the company manage its legal risk across the APAC region. This role will also support our legal and policy teams in developing relevant policies in APAC and globally. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in fast-paced, fun environment. This is a full-time position based in Singapore. The position will report to counsel based in Singapore.
- Advise on the intersection of local laws and relevant political considerations in a wide range of diverse legal systems and develop policies to successfully manage the company's legal risk relating to user-generated content
- Coordinate with a global network of outside counsel to provide legal advice on reports relating to content posted by users on the company's services, including Facebook and Instagram
- Advisory and project management responsibility with respect to a broad range of legal subjects including corporate, commercial, and regulatory matters
- Provide guidance on developments in legislation affecting online intermediaries across APAC
- Work closely with teams across departments and offices, including our Public Policy, Content Policy and Community Operations teams, based in Facebook's various offices around the world
- LLB, JD or equivalent degree and excellent academic credentials
- Strong experience handling complex legal issues, either in-house or at a law firm
- Familiarity with Internet laws and issues, including issues relating to online platforms and intermediary liability
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Candidates must be flexible and be able to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Exercise good judgment and provide practical solutions
- Ability to independently, quickly and accurately assess legal, practical and business risk
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top