Lead Counsel - ANZ
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible generalist lawyer to join the APAC legal team as Lead Counsel, ANZ. You will be supporting Facebook's APAC operations advising internal clients on localised issues relating to a broad range of subject matters. Diligent and proactive, you bring excellent business judgment, legal acumen, project management, stakeholder management experience and ability to work both cross-functionally and independently, as the situation may require. This is a full-time position based in Sydney, Australia. The position will report to counsel based in Singapore.
- Be the go-to legal contact for the teams across Australia and New Zealand
- Work collaboratively with the APAC and global legal teams, as well as public policy and communications, to advise on legal matters relating to Australia & New Zealand
- Advisory and project management responsibility with respect to a broad range of legal subjects including regulatory, consumer protection, competition and privacy matters
- Participation in other projects (both Asia and global focus) as directed.
- LLB, JD or equivalent degree and excellent academic credentials
- A minimum of six years of legal experience with at least three years at top-tier US, UK or Australian law firm
- In-house experience in Australia at a US-headquartered company a plus
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in a wide variety of subject matters, including regulatory, consumer protection, competition and privacy laws
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, and ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Candidates must be flexible and be able to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Exercise good judgment and provide practical solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required
- Open to travel as and when required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top