Lead Controls Subject Matter Expert
- Shelby, NC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Lead Controls Subject Matter Expert for our Forest City data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Lead Controls Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the Facility Operations team. The candidate will lead and manage a team of Controls SMEs who are the data center control system technical operations experts. This role is responsible for reliability and quality of the Building Management System (BMS). This candidate will also need exceptional leadership and management skills that will be essential for team alignment to global strategies.
- Develop, mentor, and manage an onsite controls subject matter experts team.
- Be accountable for all Building Management System (BMS) operations, changes, and enhancements on a campus consisting of multiple data center buildings.
- Diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, which will require an ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Troubleshoot and repair controls hardware including controllers, relays, measurement devices, actuators, etc.
- Review operating equipment data for efficiency improvements, monitor all building systems for abnormal operating trends, and make optimization adjustments accordingly.
- Manage controls vendors while supporting site operations, including direct oversight to all system configuration and component upgrades.
- Review quality control of hardware installation and review programming through commissioning process for new construction and retrofits.
- Provide controls scope and review proposals for retrofits and upgrades.
- Oversee all system configurations and component upgrades to ensure system integrity is maintained and that all modifications to existing systems are in compliance with best practices, including change control processes.
- Provide technical controls training and support to all Facility Operations staff.
- Collaborate with Global Automation and Optimization team to implement initiatives at the data center.
- Communicate all issues and upcoming controls work with site management.
- Other duties as required to support the operation of Facebook data centers.
- Less than twenty percent of occasional travel as required.
- 5+ years of controls experience in programming development, start up, and commissioning of facility systems - central plants, air handling units, and evaporative cooling/humidification systems
- AS/BS degree in Engineering/Technical studies, Military Technical School, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in data centers or other critical environments
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and life safety systems associated with critical environments
- Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings and controls diagrams
- Alerton experience
- Experience with software programming languages: Python, PHP, SQL
- Experience beyond field technician level - project management, project engineering, and operations management
- IT/Networking certification
Back to top