Lead Compliance Counsel, Global Trade Compliance
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Compliance Counsel, Global Trade Compliance. This position will play a key role in advising on Facebook's global trade compliance program, as well as providing legal support for our broader compliance initiatives. This full-time position will be located in our Menlo Park office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal advice and support day-to-day activities relating to export and import control regimes around the world.
- Collaborate and align with relevant functions e.g. IT, Global Trade Compliance, to optimize, draft, review and implement policies, processes and training.
- Advise on deemed export issues, conduct deemed export assessments and manage deemed export licensing.
- Advise on international trade regulatory and compliance matters, including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations, U.S. Foreign Trade Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, anti-boycott regulations, economic sanctions regulations, and customs regulations.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on international trade provisions of contracts and Incoterms for international purchasing and licensing agreements.
- Conduct internal compliance investigations and risk assessments and manage external customs and/or export audits.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
- J.D. degree with membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of relevant experience with export controls, deemed export controls, import controls, anti-boycott, and trade sanctions, compliance from a law firm or in-house with a multinational corporation.
- Presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- A combination both law firm and in-house experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top