Lead Compliance Counsel, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Compliance Counsel, APAC. This position will play a key role in advising on Facebook's trade and product compliance programs in the APAC region, as well as providing legal support for our broader compliance initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in our Hong Kong office.
- Provide legal advice and support day-to-day activities relating to international trade regulatory and compliance matters, including in the areas of export controls, import controls and trade sanctions.
- Advise on legal and regulatory product compliance matters, including in the areas of EMC/RFI, product safety, and environmental compliance.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on compliance provisions of contracts and Incoterms for international purchasing and licensing agreements.
- Develop, design, implement and communicate compliance policies, processes, programs and training.
- Actively collaborate with clients, other teams within Legal, and cross-functional teams across the company to coordinate trade and product compliance programs and initiatives.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
- J.D., LLB or equivalent degree.
- Qualified lawyer (ideally in at least one APAC jurisdiction) with excellent academic credentials.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience, including prior in-house experience and/or at a global law firm.
- Experience with APAC compliance policies and procedures.
- Experience with Chinese export and import controls and US export controls.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary to connect with colleagues in the U.S., LATAM, EMEA and across APAC, and to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel globally.
- Previous experience with internet or technology companies.
- Previous experience with bringing consumer products to market.
- Fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin will be a plus.
Back to top