Lead Compliance Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA – Washington, DC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Compliance Counsel. This position will play a key role in supporting Facebook’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide compliance programs and initiatives.
- Advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters across the company, including in the areas of anti-corruption, political activity, trade control, and supply chain management compliance.
- Develop and communicate compliance policies, processes, and training.
- Manage, conduct, and advise on internal compliance investigations, due diligence, and risk assessments.
- Strong collaboration with clients, with other teams within Legal, and with cross-functional teams across the company to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
- J.D. degree with membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, foreign anti-corruption regimes, and conducting compliance-related investigations, either in-house or at a global law firm.
- In-house experience with internet, technology, or telecom companies.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top