Lead Compliance Counsel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Compliance Counsel. This position will play a key role in advising on Facebookâ€™s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and supporting our broader compliance initiatives. This full-time position will be located at our Menlo Park headquarters or our Washington, D.C. office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide compliance programs and initiatives.
- Advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters across the company, including in the areas of anti-corruption, political activities, government contracting, trade control, EHS, and supply chain management compliance.
- Develop and communicate compliance policies, processes, controls, and training.
- Manage, conduct, and advise on internal compliance investigations, due diligence, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with clients, with other teams within Legal, and with cross-functional teams across the company to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
- J.D. degree with membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of experience with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, foreign anti-corruption regimes, and conducting compliance-related investigations, either in-house and/or at a global law firm.
- In-house experience at internet, technology, or telecommunications companies.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Interpersonal experience and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top