Lead Competition Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player and leader to serve as Competition Counsel to the company in the company's Menlo Park office. Working with a talented and supportive team, this position will manage investigations and inquiries related to antitrust matters and help develop the company's legal position and strategy on competition matters throughout the world. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment with a broad and challenging remit.
- Represent the company in connection with competition inquiries by regulators across the world
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and implement long-term competition strategy
- Help develop and execute our legal strategy in connection with review of mergers and acquisitions by antitrust regulators
- Provide teams across the company with counsel and advice on antitrust issues
- Retain and manage outside counsel on merger reviews and other antitrust matters
- Review and advise on pending and developing competition regulation and developments
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies working on antitrust matters
- Experience representing companies in antitrust inquiries including conduct investigations and merger reviews
- Experience developing innovative and pragmatic approaches to legal challenges with a proven track record in providing and business-focused legal advice
- Experience working with web 2.0, social networking, and other Internet and technology companies
- Experience with global antitrust laws and regulators
- Data protection experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top