Lead Commercial Counsel (Payments & E-commerce)
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a flexible, diligent, proactive, team player to serve as Lead Commercial Counsel to support its growing efforts in the payments and ecommerce space. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including strategic payments and ecommerce integration agreements and beta agreements for novel products. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work at the forefront of helping to deliver new payment and commerce experiences around the world. This is a full-time position and is based in London.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's payments, marketplace, local, platform, and other products.
- Coverage Areas include: payments and other FinTech integrations, marketplace integrations, local integrations, social good programs (e.g., donations and personal fundraisers), platform and other products in the EU and elsewhere internationally.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Willingness and ability to manage numerous deals, meet tight deadlines, and work extended hours when necessary to complete project.
- Open to travel as and when required.
- LLB or equivalent degree and excellent academic credentials.
- 6+ years of legal experience, including 4+ years of technology transactions experience working at or for technology companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm).
- Experience drafting complex strategic transactions and leading contract negotiations.
- Experience advising clients on and managing numerous deals on tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Building relationships and effectively collaborating with business teams and other members of the legal team (regulatory, product, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met.
- Experience in one or more of the coverage areas listed above, with an emphasis in social networking platforms, payments, FinTech, and ecommerce.
- Strong interest in mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology, the payments industry, and the ecommerce industry.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top