Lead Commercial Counsel (eCommerce & Payments)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a flexible, diligent, proactive, team player to serve as Lead Commercial Counsel to support its commercial legal team. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including strategic business development and partnership agreements, platform and payments integration agreements, and beta agreements for novel products. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and is based in Menlo Park.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's platform and other products, partnerships and business development teams.
- Coverage Areas include: platform integrations, payments integrations, ecommerce integrations, content licenses (e.g., for data, image, and music), and social good programs (e.g., donations, civic engagement, and education).
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our products and programs.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Willingness and ability to manage numerous deals, meet tight deadlines, and work extended hours when necessary to complete project.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience, including 3+ years of technology transactions experience working at or for technology companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm).
- Experience in intellectual property law, contract law, contract drafting (including drafting forms with minimal precedence for novel products/deals), and contract negotiations.
- Experience advising clients on and managing numerous deals on tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience in one or more of the Coverage Areas listed above, ideally in social networking platforms, payments and ecommerce.
- Experience supporting multiple products and managing novel/complex deals, including: managing/working with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve consensus, providing nuanced, flexible, and practical counseling to clients, and providing excellent legal and business judgment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top