Lead Commercial Counsel, Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Lead Commercial Counsel to support its mobile, growth, Internet.org and other various teams’ commercial transactions. This is a full-time position and is located in our Menlo Park office. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts for strategic relationships, including development and distribution agreements, IP transactions, beta and user trial agreements, and platform integrations. You will need to provide creative and practical guidance to clients on different, potential legal and business strategies to help foster a thriving ecosystem of partners, vendors, and commercial deployments. The ideal candidate is comfortable with and responsive to rapid development and changes in direction. Diligent and proactive, you have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment, technical acumen and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook’s partnerships, business development, growth, engineering and product, and marketing teams.
- Provide strategic business and legal advice to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners.
- Collaborate with IP counsel, regulatory counsel, compliance counsel, product counsel, and other groups to ensure that partnerships and business models are appropriately established.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of experience, including prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies and/or at a global law firm.
- Experience with technology transactions with mobile operators, OEMs, chipset vendors, infrastructure providers, and/or social networking platforms.
- Experience negotiating strategic transactions.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top