Lead Commercial Counsel, Ads
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve as Lead Commercial Counsel to support its commercial transactions for Facebook (including Instagram and other subsidiaries). You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements, including to support our advertising and marketing products, services and strategic partnerships. You will also advise clients on the various legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and is based in Menlo Park.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Facebook's (and Instagram's and other subsidiaries') advertising sales, marketing and creative, product, partnership and business development teams
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of our key products and programs
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Willingness and ability to manage numerous deals, meet tight deadlines, and work extended hours when necessary to complete projects
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of relevant technology transactions experience, working with internet, mobile or other technology companies, either in-house and/or at a top-tier law firm
- Technology deal experience (technology licensing, product development, platform integrations, etc.)
- Drafting and negotiating experience along with strategic thinking
- Experience managing and organizing projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal supervision
- Experience with digital advertising, marketing and/or content creation and production
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top