Lead Cloud Technology Engineer - Graphics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we're developing the future of virtual and augmented reality. As the lead of the Cloud Technology engineering team, you'll lead cutting-edge cloud technology projects related to off-device rendering and streaming, including both 2D and 3D content. We're seeking world-class cloud tech engineers to be part of multi-disciplinary research and incubation teams in Redmond WA.
- Lead Cloud technology efforts for the graphics organization.
- Develop cloud hosting environments for algorithms and other technologies for delivering streamed content to current and future head mounted displays in real-time scenarios.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline, including cloud infrastructure.
- Scale a cloud service managing the architectural changes necessary at each order of magnitude.
- Attend conferences, and stay abreast with current state of the art in international conferences and journals.
- 5+ years industry experience working on cloud services and infrastructure.
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering Lead, Engineering Manager, Principal Engineer, or related role.
- Knowledge in scalable cloud service architecture.
- Experience distributing a cloud service on minimal latency.
- Knowledge of real-time computer graphics, including GPU hardware, modern APIs, and the graphics pipeline.
- Software engineering or hardware systems experience.
- Interpersonal experience with experience collaborating and working across teams.
- PhD in Computer Graphics or Computer Science
- Experience building cloud infrastructure either from scratch or adapting existing infrastructure
- Experience in online video games or game services
- Knowledge in image synthesis, including light transport, sampling and reconstruction
- Experience leading engineering teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top