Law Enforcement Response Team, Manager
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Legal team is seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with impeccable judgment to lead our Law Enforcement Response Team for the EMEA region. The right candidate must have a strong work ethic and exceptional partnering skills. The position is full-time and would be based in our Dublin office.
- Manage and bring operational excellence to a team that handles a large volume of incoming requests from law enforcement, and ensure that all requests are scrutinized and handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines
- Define and implement a long term strategy to deal with hiring and volume growth to continue to meet goals
- Own and manage hiring, budgeting, resource prioritization and operational functions within a large, global team of both full time employees and outsourced service providers
- Support escalations related to sensitive subject matter
- Clearly respond to process and policy questions from law enforcement, government agencies and internal parties, both in writing and over the phone
- Interpret performance metrics and impact organizational change as a result
- Working with a cross functional team, drive improvements to policies and processes within the law enforcement response team
- Willing and able to maturely work with sensitive issues that include child exploitation, a variety of religious and political views, violence and adult content
- Participate in on-call emergency escalation rotation as well as after-hours and weekend duty
- BA/BS degree and 5 – 7 years’ of experience in a relevant scope
- 3-4 years of management experience leading operational teams
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently
- Avid Facebook user
- Skilled in various computer systems, internet technology and software (PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ever-changing, start-up culture and available for domestic and international travel
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to present material about the team’s goals and mission to a large, mixed audience, including law enforcement
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top