Law Enforcement Response Team Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Facebook Legal team is seeking a motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented candidate with impeccable judgment to lead within our Law Enforcement Response Team for the Americas region. The right candidate must have a strong work ethic and exceptional partnering skills. The position is full-time and would be based in our Austin office.
- Manage and bring operational excellence to a diverse team of individual contributors reviewing large volumes of incoming requests from law enforcement.
- Ensure that all requests are scrutinized and handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support career development for members of the team while removing roadblocks and encouraging innovative solutions.
- Support time sensitive escalations related to sensitive subject matter.
- Clearly respond to process and policy questions from law enforcement, government agencies and internal parties, both in writing and over the phone.
- Interpret performance metrics and impact organizational change as a result.
- Working within a global leadership team, drive improvements to policies and processes within the law enforcement response team.
- Present material about the team's goals and mission to a large, mixed audience, including law enforcement.
- Participate in on-call emergency escalation rotation as well as after-hours and weekend duty.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in operations, people management, or business strategy and prioritization.
- 2+ year of people management experience leading operational teams.
- Experience staying organized and prioritizing multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time
- Experience using different types of computer systems, internet technology and software (including PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.)
- Willing and able to work with sensitive issues that include child exploitation, a variety of religious and political views, violence and adult content.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top