Law Enforcement Response Team Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp, a subsidiary of Facebook, is a fast-growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 most downloaded apps in over 100 countries in the Apple App Store and has received over 1 billion installs from Google Play. We are seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with impeccable judgment to serve as a specialist for law enforcement and safety matters. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including business, product, customer support, communications, policy, and growth. This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp's offices in Menlo Park, CA. The position will report to WhatsApp's Law Enforcement Response & Safety Specialist.
- Review and accurately assess legal requests from law enforcement officials and third party civil attorneys, ensuring that all requests are scrutinized and handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines.
- Bring operational excellence to a team that handles a large volume of incoming requests.
- Clearly respond to process and policy inquiries from law enforcement, government agencies and internal parties
- Work cross functionally to drive policy, processes and documentation improvements for the WhatsApp Law Enforcement Response Team.
- Support escalations related to sensitive subject matter.
- Willing and able to maturely work with sensitive issues that include child exploitation, a variety of religious and political views, violence and adult content.
- Participate in on-call emergency after-hours and weekend rotation duty.
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of relevant operational experience
- Experience prioritizing multiple functions and tasks while managing work time without compromising quality
- Experience working independently and using judgment
- Experience with various computer systems, internet technology and software (PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.)
- Willingness to obtain Department of Justice Top Secret Clearance
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams and/or law enforcement agencies
- Possess and maintain an IAPP CIPP certification, or be able to do so within one year
- Familiarity with WhatsApp service
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top