Launches Program Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Facebook Community Operations New Product Launches Team provides project management support that bridges the gap between Product, Policy, Engineering, and Community Operations to address some of Facebook's most complex cross-functional projects. The Product Launches Team ensures that we have sufficient operational support in place for all new products launched across the Facebook suite of apps. The Launches Program Manager works at the intersection of our Global Product, Policy, Scaled Support Operations, Community Support Operations, and Protect & Care Engineering teams to manage end-to-end activities that allow us to build new support and enhance current support for new products, enabling people to tell us when they are having negative experiences and when they need our help.The Launches Program Manager leads a subset of our new product portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization. They will have demonstrated the ability to coordinate with cross-functional leads on mission critical operational issues spanning policy, product, user operations, engineering, and other interdependent teams. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Lead all project management activities and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional ops support efforts for new products.
- Create and execute timelines to manage all project components.
- Drive teams to alignment on key decisions and escalate as required.
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project.
- Assemble and mobilize cross-functional teams when new products surface.
- Advocate for the Facebook community and various Community Operations teams in discussions with Product and Engineering.
- Apply solid judgement regarding support needs across multiple competing priorities.
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure that development and operational readiness requirements are understood and implemented.
- Develop and apply a broad understanding across all facets of operations, including community support processes, market teams, outsourcing, reporting & analytics, workforce management, etc.
- Review, prioritize, and track progress of risks and issues that affect launch support and impact our ability to execute on time.
- Determine volume projections, staffing requirements, training needs, and quality management requirements.
- Communicate proactively to cross-functional partners, prepare formal recurring communications, and present to people at all levels of the organization.
- Monitor post-launch impact to assess effectiveness of support.
- Continually refine best practices for efficient and scalable end-to-end frameworks for launch process management.
- 3+ years in a project management, management consulting, or similar strategic role.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- Experience in a rapidly changing tech or startup environment.
- Experience leading global projects.
- Experience in direct consumer support operations.
- Demonstrated ability to keep up with deadlines under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience leading, working, and communicating with global cross-functional teams.
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners.
- Willingness to travel internationally (3-5 trips annually).
- SQL/data experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top