Language Manager, Spanish (Spain)
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Languages are key to our mission of bringing the world closer together. The Facebook family of apps is currently available in 100+ languages and we are adding many more. ~90% of people already use our products from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. As Language Manager - Spanish (Spain), you will be involved in ensuring that we deliver a great user experience to our international audience through high quality translations. As we work closely with team members in remote offices and regional stakeholders, it is very important that the candidate be comfortable working with remote teams across different time zones.
- Edit and/or translate high visibility product content and documents.
- Supervising vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they deliver is as expected.
- Maintaining the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Working closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborating with source content owners to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Monitoring and managing the activity of our community of volunteer translators.
- Native fluency in European Spanish and business proficiency in English.
- 3+ years of experience in English-to-Spanish translation and localization.
- Familiarity with the Spanish culture and trends.
- BA or equivalent in a similar field such as translation, linguistics, communications etc.
- Experience in localization of online and mobile products.
- Experience in localization project management.
- Familiarity with the Facebook Translations application as well as other computer-aided translation tools.
- Familiarity with digital marketing.
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than native and English).
- Master of Arts or equivalent.
- Cross-functional experience working with engineers and product teams.
Back to top