Language Manager, Russian
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As Language Manager, Russian you will be involved in ensuring that we deliver a great user experience to our international audience through high quality translations. This is a full-time position based in the Dublin office. It is very important that the candidate be comfortable working with remote teams across different time zones.
- Translating and/or editing the site user interface, support, legal and marketing materials.
- Supervising vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they delivery is as expected.
- Maintaining the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Working closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Monitoring and managing the activity of our community of volunteer translators.
- 100% native fluency in Russian and near-native fluency in English.
- 3+ years of experience in English-to-Russian translation and localization
- Familiarity with the Russian culture and trends.
- BA or equivalent required (in a translation, linguistic, or related field).
- Experience in the online and mobile space.
- Experience in localization project management.
- Familiarity with the Facebook Translations application as well as other computer-aided translation tools
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than native and English)
- Master of Arts or equivalent
- Cross-functional experience working with engineers and product teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top