Language Manager, Japanese
(Menlo Park, CA – Singapore)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is available in more than 80 languages, 82% of our users are from outside North America and we continue to expand internationally. Excited? Come join a great team and help us to be truly global!
As Language Manager for Japanese, you will be involved in ensuring that we deliver a great user experience to our international audience through high quality translations. This is a full-time position based in the Facebook Singapore office. It is very important that the candidate be comfortable working with remote teams across different time zones.
- Translating and/or editing the site user interface, support, legal and marketing materials.
- Supervising vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they delivery is as expected.
- Maintaining the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Working closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Monitoring and managing the activity of our community of volunteer translators.
- Must be an active Facebook user.
- 100% native fluency in Japanese and near-native fluency in English.
- 3+ years of experience in English-to-Japanese translation and localization
- preferably in the online and mobile space.
- Experience in localization project management is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with the Japanese culture and trends.
- Familiarity with the Facebook Translations application as well as other computer-aided translation tools is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than native and English) is a plus.
- Great attitude towards work and people.
- BA or equivalent required (preferably in a translation, linguistic, or related field).
- Master of Arts or equivalent is preferred.
- Cross-functional experience working with engineers and product teams is highly preferred.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top