Language Manager, Burmese
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is available in more than 100 languages, 88% of our users are from outside North America and we continue to expand internationally. Excited? Come join a great team and help us to think local and scale global!
As Language Manager, Burmese, you will be involved in ensuring that we deliver a great user experience to people who use our products in Burmese through high quality translations. This is a full-time position based in the Facebook Singapore office. As we work closely with team members in remote offices and regional stakeholders, it is very important that the candidate be comfortable working with remote teams across different time zones.
- Supervise vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they deliver is as expected.
- Track translation quality trends and take proactive measures to ensure great user experience for the Burmese audience.
- Maintain the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Translate and/or edit high visibility product content and documents.
- Work closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborate with source content owners to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Work with engineers to improve technical and localizability challenges for Burmese.
- Monitor and manage the activity of our community of volunteer translators.
- Native fluency in Burmese and near-native fluency in English.
- 3+ years of experience in English-to-Burmese translation and/or localization.
- Knowledge of the Burmese culture and trends.
- BA or equivalent (in a relevant field such as translation, linguistics, communications etc is preferred).
- Experience in localization of online and mobile products.
- Experience in localization project management.
- Familiarity with the Facebook Translations application as well as other computer-aided translation tools.
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than native and English).
- Master of Arts or equivalent.
- Cross-functional experience working with stakeholders.
Back to top