IT New Builds Regional Project Management Oversight - Specialty Spaces
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The IT New Builds Regional Project Management Oversight (RPMO) – Specialty Spaces is responsible for driving all non-standard specialty space builds in Facebook Offices, including the scope of project leadership, planning, execution, control, and post-project review. In addition, this individual will own the status and budgets of specialty projects globally, and will build relationships with cross-functional business counterparts. Specialty Spaces include interactive touch screen displays, video walls, demo rooms, portals/dashboards, audio systems and more. In order to be successful in this position, the individual is expected to demonstrate significant depth of technical expertise in project management and drive continuous improvement of project management policies, standards, and procedures.
- Leads the strategic design, procurement, deployment and commissioning of IT specialized gear in Facebook office builds.
- Coordinates with the appropriate deployment engineers/SMEs during each phase of the build process.
- Represents these elements to Facilities project meetings.
- Manage timelines and dependencies.
- Push back where needed, reduce risk, resolve issues and remove roadblocks.
- Accountable for providing leadership and stakeholders with a routine status of the Builds project, actively communicating technical issues and risks
- Own development and tracking of budgets, forecasts and actual spend of specialty projects. Work with Finance and business partner to manage funding.
- Works to define requirements of technology, coordinate with design, and remove internal roadblocks to the design. (Examples of roadblocks could include HR/Legal approvals, InfoSec clearance, etc.)
- Travels to global new office locations and verifies specialty space will be ready by First Day of Business (FDOB). FDOB activities:
- Assist with builds and fitup of IT systems for new offices
- Removes roadblocks for technicians on site
- Daily report outs to facilities/stakeholders on status.
- Travel expectation is 25%, depending on timing/criticality of FDOBs.
- Builds productive working relationships with business partners. Be their point of contact within IT for design/build.
- Determine and engage with the appropriate Facebook teams to define design/development/build steps.
- Own development of Specialty Build standards, as appropriate.
- Drive alignment of global specialty FDOB’s, summary tracking and report out of specialty projects.
- Proactively identify and address areas for improvements, lessons learned, and best practices that can be applied across other projects.
- Provide specialty-specific training to Contractor PMs on the IT New Builds team and be first point of escalation for PMs on projects with specialty spaces.
- BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management experience with exposure to managing new office builds or technology build outs
- 2+ years Experience with Budget and Cost management of $500k or more.
- Experience in leading multifunctional teams, building and leveraging relationships across multiple functions and businesses to maximize team performance and achieve project objectives.
- Experience with design, build or operations of IT office technologies. Examples include: AV/VC systems, touch screen displays, video walls, demo rooms, network/cabling, audio systems.
- PMP Certification
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-initiative, setting own goals and execution.
- Delivers work successfully end-to-end with minimal guidance.
- Ability to execute projects/tasks in a timely manner.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top