IP Product Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player with a passion for online intellectual property issues to serve as IP Product Counsel. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel for IP Product and will work closely with product, engineering, policy, operations, and business teams, as well as other legal department subgroups. This role will tackle cutting-edge IP issues on a global scale for Facebook, Instagram, and affiliated companies and platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and make an impact in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Support product and engineering teams at Facebook and its affiliates by providing guidance on a wide range of IP issues inherent in new and evolving products and features, both from a direct and secondary liability perspective
- Instruct and work closely with a global network of outside counsel on developing solutions to identified IP issues
- Provide IP support on complex commercial transactions
- Assist with developing strategy for, and support of, IP litigation matters as needed
- Generally collaborate with other members of the legal team (regulatory, corporate, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met in a streamlined and timely manner
- JD with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, either in-house or at a law firm
- Experience with copyright law, trademark law, secondary liability issues and laws in the US and abroad (e.g. DMCA, CDA, E-Commerce Directive, etc.)
- Experience working with web 2.0, social networking, and other Internet companies
- Experience operating independently and juggling multiple projects
- Product counseling experience
- Music and media experience
- Interest in new and evolving technologies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top