IP Counsel, Notice & Takedown
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated team player with a passion for online copyright, trademark, and defamation issues to serve as IP Counsel, Notice & Takedown. The role will tackle cutting-edge issues on a global scale arising from content posted by users on Facebook, Instagram, and the company’s other services. Days are fast-paced and action-packed, and the ideal candidate will be eager to roll up their sleeves and problem-solve on matters of all kinds, including video copyright infringements, counterfeit goods, defamatory posts, and more. The position is based in Facebook’s Dublin office and is highly cross-functional, working closely with other legal teams and key business units, including operations, product and engineering, sales and partnerships, and public policy.
- Provide legal advice on incoming IP reports relating to content posted by users on the company’s services, including Facebook and Instagram
- Develop and apply policies and practices arising under the E-Commerce Directive and other laws globally, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and Communications Decency Act (CDA) under United States law
- Work closely with teams across departments and offices, including legal colleagues and key partners in Facebook’s Menlo Park, California, headquarters and other offices
- Advise on products built to support rights holders, including Rights Manager, and collaborate with legal colleagues on other company products raising IP issues
- Coordinate notice-and-takedown matters with a global network of outside counsel and provide guidance on IP litigation and legislation in Europe and elsewhere
- Solicitor or barrister (qualified to practice law in a European member state)
- 1.5+ years relevant intellectual property-related experience, from in-house or at a law firm”
- Firm grasp of intermediary liability issues and laws, including under the E-Commerce Directive
- Deep understanding of the foundations of IP and defamation law
- Ability to independently, quickly and accurately assess legal, practical and business risks
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Sharp focus on multi-tasking, details, and organization
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top