Investigator: Online Safety (Information Security)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Online Safety, Security team within Facebook Information Security analyses current trends on the platform, investigates cases, and develops solutions to mitigate future risk. The team is looking for an experienced investigator with a passion for investigation and analysis, cybercrime, and problem solving. This is a cross-functional role that works closely with Operations, Engineering, Policy, and External Outreach teams. The position will be based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Lead investigations into accounts to identify sources of abusive behaviour.
- Summarise and present information from investigations and reports to internal teams.
- Identify and consult on the design of countermeasures to stop abuse.
- Gather and synthesise relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and mitigate future risk.
- Interface with legal, law enforcement, and industry partners when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical or technical field.
- 2+ years of investigations experience.
- Fluency in Arabic
- native speaker preferred.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple sources and work with large data sets.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct thorough online investigations.
- Passionate about cybercrime.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to work demanding, inconsistent hours.
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Ability and inclination to protect highly confidential information.
- Experience working with law enforcement a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top