Investigator, Global Security Investigations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Investigator, Global Security Investigations conducts investigations into any direct or implied threat to Facebook executives to include brand or proprietary risk issues. Coordinates Facebook’s response to workplace threats, and executes various types of investigative activities to support business requests and external inquiries. Interfaces with Company personnel across multiple business units and countries. Implements proactive and responsive investigative solutions. Promotes a positive environment compliant with laws, regulations, and Company policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Independently conduct investigations involving medium to high levels of complexity.
- Provide expert consultative and problem-solving services to a variety of internal clients under general supervision from the Manager, Global Business Intelligence.
- Analyze preliminary evidence, identify relevant evidence to be obtained, and develop investigative plans.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and orderly case file documentation and database records.
- Manage privacy and data security breach investigations.
- Educate clients on policies, processes, procedures and guidelines and the relevance to the investigation at hand.
- Understand client needs, build and foster relationships with clients, and deliver at a high service level
- Work with clients to identify solutions that meet business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and execute to favorable outcomes.
- Complete tasks within time and financial budget constraints.
- Maintain complete confidentiality.
- 7+ years investigative experience in private industry
- Completion of training on various interview techniques
- Experience with investigative gathering disciplines and business reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of computer applications
- Undergraduate Degree in security-related comparable field
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top