- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Inventory Manager will act as the primary lead across Sourcing and Engineering Operations (SOE) to promote and drive operational rigor to meet inventory objectives. As an Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for driving inventory strategies in support of Facebook's mass production builds of its data centers, Point of Presence (PoPs), and Facebook Network Application (FNA) locations globally. You will have the opportunity to work with a cross functional team of business and planning leads to develop, execute, mature and scale the inventory strategy across multiple business groups. Additionally, you will drive development of business processes, tools and analytics to support inventory planning activities. This role requires independent thought leadership and influencing skills to drive change and align on cohesive strategies, processes, and execution elements to ensure all functional areas adhere to the policies. This position is part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team reporting to the Manager of Demand Planning.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on cross-functional KPIs to ensure effective execution, integration and performance against inventory targets. Propose and implement solutions to improve metrics.
- Own and drive operational adherence to the inventory policies established within each business group.
- Develop and implement effective inventory stocking models based on business trends and demand patterns, including NPI/Sustaining.
- Participate in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, capabilities and processes that aim to improve operational performance and meet high service levels.
- Work with Demand Managers, Supply Managers and cross-functional partners to standardize inventory processes while understanding the challenges and differences between business groups.
- Own the business requirements, development, deployment, and ongoing enhancement of Demand/Supply/Inventory planning and tools to support multiple supply chains within the Infrastructure team.
- Develop and execute on monthly and quarterly reporting and business analysis.
- Drive product success by keeping ourselves and others accountable for metrics such as forecast accuracy, quarterly financial variance, inventory utilization, delivery performance, etc.
- Support management with risk assessments, alternative plans and mitigation activities.
- Lead and/or partner to drive cross-functional inventory optimization projects from idea to implementation and adoption.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to the next management level.
- Work with IT system developers to spec, implement, and validate new tools/systems.
- Prepare process workflows and associated documentation.
- Support development of complex, multi-year, supply chain strategies and implementation plans.
- Champion activities across multiple functional groups within the larger infrastructure team.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Supply, Demand or Inventory planning and execution.
- Experience in S&OP, IBP, demand forecasting, inventory optimization and supply planning.
- Communication and interpersonal skills with experience presenting to various levels.
- MBA/Masters in a related field.
- Experience in project management and Production/Planning MRP.
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management processes (scheduling, warehousing, fulfillment, reverse logistics).
Back to top