Internationalization Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As an Internationalization Program Manager (i18n) you will be the internal advocate for users worldwide ensuring Facebook feels local for people around the world. It involves working with a wide range of internal engineering teams to drive and improve global-ready development practices. The ideal candidate is passionate about i18n and has significant experience in software development including bi-di and mobile technologies.
- Work with engineering teams across the company to define and implement i18n requirements at the source
- Find efficient workflows that deliver a truly global user experience without slowing down the engineering process
- Ensure that language and local market requirements are understood and supported from a technical perspective
- Evangelize i18n best practices and standards internally - raise awareness with and educate the Facebook engineering community
- Represent Facebook at industry forums
- Communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience (3+ years) as an i18n software engineer or technical program manager
- Hands-on experience with relevant technical i18n concepts and practices
- Understanding of the technical architecture of highly scalable web applications
- Experience designing user interfaces – ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Ability to process and analyze data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Facebook product knowledge
- Familiarity with the Facebook translation platform as well as other computer-aided translation tools
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than English)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top