International Vendor Management Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Weâ€™re looking for an experienced vendor management leader to continue to build out and drive our Vendor Management strategy for the People organization. This role requires someone who is known for flexibility and creativity and is excited to lead in a flat organization that values collaboration and communication. You are a natural at building influence in cross-functional partnerships and developing great stakeholder relationships across the entire organization. You thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact. You should also be excited about staying hands-on with company vendor management strategy, evolving vendor management practices and domain expertise. You will not only drive strategy, but also maintain accountability for the day-to-day management of our most strategically important vendor relationships within our global footprint.
This role will be focused on our international vendor footprint and shall include travel to global Facebook people centers. At least 15% of this Lead's time shall be spent traveling for face-to-face meetings with key stakeholders around the world. The role will require the ability to juggle priorities for multiple time zones with the initial focus to be on our European and Latin America vendor footprint.
Our end goal is to have a strong vendor management discipline infused across our People (HR) organization and integrated with our company-wide approach.
- Drive the continued development of our vendor management framework, ensure timely completion of critical international milestones on our team roadmap and take ownership of high impact projects.
- You will also be accountable for our relationship with key HR suppliers, including risk and performance management.
- He/She owns and must understand contractual, commercial and operational working relationships with vendors to ensure that contractual commitments are delivered.
- Responsible for driving our mission to automate and standardize where appropriate.
- Designing and conducting training on vendor management best practices, and other programs as assigned.
- Develop and lead the overall vendor performance management strategy, ensuring that vendors are delivering maximum value through their services â€" establish internal policies, standards, templates for working with vendors, classify/rationalize/optimize vendor portfolio and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors, manage regular level collaborative meetings between vendors and Business, ensure there are clear metrics and reporting across all KPIs to ensure strong vendor performance.
- Apply the reporting framework for vendor performance in areas that include quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness â€" partner with business owners to develop vendor scorecards and dashboards that present relevant data tailored to the audience, define and hold strategic vendors to higher performance standards and drive continuous improvements, collect/consolidate/communicate detailed reports and key vendor data to stakeholders on vendor performance, risk and relationships.
- Ensure Vendor Management Team is mitigating, monitoring and managing vendor risks â€" including financial viability, information security, business continuity and corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Assess and report on the risk level of vendors based on financial, skills, tools and the use of third parties.
- Build out governance model for top tier vendors partnering with Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Outsourcing, and Legal.
- Lead projects around driving global discounts and consistent policy and guidelines for vendors operating multiple engagements within the company.
- Identify and execute value opportunities with key strategic vendor relationships - analyze problem areas and help resolve issues and disputes.
- Manage communication process with vendors.
- 7+ years experience of Strategic Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience with relationship management and third party management principles/best practices
- Organizational experience with experience handling more than one initiative at one time
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- Project management experience
- Analytical experience and experience in problem solving and managing a team environment
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience with a service-based/SLA-based vendor delivery model
- Project and process management experience, with experience handling more than one vendors, projects and tasks
- Experience with procurement systems/processes/tools
- Experience with risk-based vendor management and triage
- 4+ years of experience in project/asset management, procurement and vendor relations in a technology environment
- People Management Experience
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
- MBA or graduate degree
Back to top