International Communications Manager (Oculus)
(London, United Kingdom)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking for a highly motivated, experienced leader to run communications for Oculus in Europe.
The ideal candidate is someone who can work with executives, product and engineering leads across Europe and the US, is an excellent writer, and has strong media relations skills.
This person should have experience leading high-profile, proactive PR campaigns for consumer products in Europe, ideally throughout multiple countries and have an understanding of the European media landscape. Experience with software platforms, developer communications and retail PR is a plus.
As Oculus grows its business globally, this person will be a critical member of a team that’s building the future of VR. This position is based in London.
- Develop and lead the European communications strategy for Oculus
- Drive positive coverage in Europe that reaches developers and consumers important to Oculus
- Own the international message and the day-to-day execution for Oculus, both corporate and product
- Lead executive press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Act as spokesperson on behalf of Oculus and Facebook, driving the VR message across Europe
- Manage PR agencies across UK, France and Germany
- Interface and consult regularly with teams across Oculus and Facebook, many of whom are in California
- Build cross-functional relationships between departments
- Consult Oculus team on international communications outside of Europe, as needed
- Minimum bachelors degree
- 6-10 years of communications or relevant experience
- Experience working on the ground in Europe
- Based in London, ability to travel throughout Europe and to the US for meetings in California
- Passion for VR, Oculus and Facebook is essential
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top