International Communications Manager, Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to support our growing regional communications needs across LATAM, EMEA and APAC. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience working with global teams and understands the complexities and nuances of navigating the needs of a fast-paced, highly iterative environment.
Candidates must be clear thinkers, with an understanding of Messenger and our global community. Candidates must also be well placed to work across the Messenger arc from people to businesses and brands to developers.
The position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Directly manage regional teams and agencies working in our key countries across a variety of communications activities — proactive campaign planning, reactive response development, spokespeople trainings, and media briefings.
- Deliver our narrative for consumer and business & platform.
- Create and execute campaigns that further the Messenger story across the widest media and influencer networks.
- Produce briefing documents, presentations and speeches/remarks as needed for external events.
- Create processes for managing global speaking requests and data/metrics asks.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross functional regional teams across WA, IG and Facebook.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of communications experience, includes a minimum of 2 years working with media directly
- International communications experience as an agency or in-house
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a cross-functional global team
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience being responsive to needs of a global team
- Experience working with executives and/or public figures
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top