Internal Solutions Engineering Manager - Optimization, Business Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses for our ads, pages, and commerce products. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning, applications engineering and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. This position is located in our Singapore office.
- Manage a small to medium-sized team of technical individuals (with the majority of their time devoted to data analysis and coding)
- Leverage technical skills such as data analysis, experimentation, and machine learning to find opportunities for automation and implement it
- Technically mentor the team in analysis and machine learning methods
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Lead with expertise regarding scalable solutions to impact audience and advertiser behavior including the impact of policy on our communities
- Lead the team by being a strong voice for them and aligning closely with cross-functional partners, driving towards the same business and company goals
- Be able to drive the team to impact and communicate it effectively
- Understand business needs, context and gaps and creatively come up with possible solutions to problems by leveraging tools/infrastructure knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or quantitative disciplines such as math, statistics, computer science, information systems
- 7+ years professional work experience including at least 2 years of direct people management experience
- Experience with programming
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with engineering disciplines is a strong preference
- Excellent communication skills and influential leader
- Critical thinking skills, with experience solving problems in a professional setting
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top