Internal Solutions Engineer - Optimization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We focus on Ads, Pages, and Commerce verticals and ensure our platform is a high-quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers, and businesses to create and promote digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning, and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale. We leverage analysis on massive amounts of data, so successful candidates will focus on data-based decisions to optimize processes and improve the integrity of content on Facebook by programming solutions, writing classification rules, and training machine learning models. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and will have experience working with large data sets and programming solutions. You should be a self-starter in identifying problems and solving them.
- Analyze common signals from bad content that gets through our systems to improve enforcement. This requires daily monitoring of metrics and diving into spikes. Longer-term work includes larger scale data analysis, applying statistical methods to data, and writing code for enforcement
- BA or BS in Engineering or quantitative disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems
- 6+ years of analytics experience
- Data analysis skills
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Programming experience with a modern language (PHP, Python, C++, or Java)
- Experience with SQL
- Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with PHP and/or Haskell
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top