Internal Solutions Engineer, Business Integrity - Optimization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. The Technical Solutions - Optimization team within Business Integrity is an applications engineering team focused on developing, implementing and optimizing enforcement business logic through investigations, statistical analyses and modeling. We partner closely with product and software engineering teams to continuously ensure the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. This position is located in our Singapore office.
- Large scale data analysis, applying statistical methods and writing code for enforcement
- Work on a global team of technical individuals to successfully drive improvements for new products + existing processes and workflows
- Use analytic and/or engineering skill sets in a business organization to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through an operational lens
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product and Software Engineering to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Self-identify gaps, problems, needs, and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- 6+ years of analytics experience
- Proficiency in SQL and data analysis
- Programming experience with a modern language (PHP, Python, C++, Java or Haskell)
- Critical thinking skills and creative problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with or in support of global communities
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- BA or BS in Engineering or quantitative disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems
Back to top