Internal Product Manager, Data
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an Internal Product Manager (Data) to focus on building and enhancing analytical tools and services for use by Facebook employees. As an expert in data and analytics, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to enable the productivity of Facebook. You’ll wear multiple hats, including product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. You will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
- Interact with the key internal business stakeholders – Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Product Analytics and other business leaders – to understand their gaps with existing tools and services in Data Infrastructure.
- Interact with top customers to understand their analytics needs and build out these capabilities in internal tools – as well as influence the features of related products in our engineering driven organization.
- Conduct internal user surveys and user studies.
- Own and write comprehensive product specifications.
- Vision in mapping business questions to analytical products.
- Actively work with internal development teams to conduct gap analysis of different solutions (both internal and external) and identify the best path forward. Champion and provide oversight for initiatives during the Technical Delivery process.
- Provide direct project management – lead and conduct project activities based on Agile (Scrum) methodology (or alternate strategies based on engineering team’s methodology).
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including end user training, product testing, rollout, iteration and support.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience building, delivering, and supporting data tools, services, and products
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies and design
- Experience giving presentations to manager levels and above
- Experience with client management
- 1+ years experience with SQL or HiveQL
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top