Internal Communications Manager, Messenger
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger is looking for an Internal Communications Business Partner. This person will lead, develop, and execute an internal communications strategy for the Messenger organization and will serve as the organization's internal communications advisor.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues alike and consistently delivers high-quality work even under time constraints. Candidates should be strategic, skillful writers, strong communicators, and creative thinkers. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and excellent organization are critical. Experience in developing executing proactive communication plans, managing cross-functional projects, and developing programming around multi-dimensional topics is preferred. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Develop and execute proactive and strategic communication initiatives in partnership with teams across the Messenger organization
- Understand the unique needs of product, engineering, and business teams (goals, products, tools, process) in order to produce effective and relevant communication strategies
- Consult with org leadership on their communication and change management strategies
- Lead the development and strategy around new and existing communication channels
- Write and develop messaging around various topics, including company strategy, priorities, and announcements
- Identify opportunities to share organization milestones with the broader company audience
- Provide proactive and reactive messaging that supports key initiatives and program rollouts
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to implement consistent messaging across the organization
- Partner closely with other internal and external communications teams as well as the HRBP to align on communication opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related discipline
- 10+ years professional experience working in corporate communications, political campaigns, or nonprofit mission-driven communications
- Experience writing for a global audience with multiple types of audiences and channels
- Attention to detail and experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on a team and communicating to all levels of the organization
- Experience writing and turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously
- Experience in solving problems using judgement and analysis, providing practical, timely and pro-active communications guidance and support
- Experience with events and logistics
- Experience in public relations, branding and campaigns a plus
- Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers
- Experience in the technology industry
Back to top