Internal Communications Manager, Global Security
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager to develop strong, strategic messaging and work with cross-functional teams to integrate that messaging into a variety of touch-points. This includes extensive experience in drafting and executing proactive internal and external communication plans, events and digital channels. This is a global role responsible for leading a strategic, integrated and proactive approach across all Communication activities to maximize the reach and the impact of Global Security organization.
The ideal candidate for the role is an independent self-starter with strong, proven experience in drafting communications and thinking critically. To succeed in our Global Security organization, candidate will need to be able to show great creativity and superb organizational skills to manage numerous complex projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, and producing relevant internal communications and events for our employees.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Define and launch a comprehensive communications and employee awareness strategies, and execute globally applicable vision for the program
- Develop and execute strategic internal communications plans and messaging that account for various internal and external audiences
- Lead a team that will execute on the set strategy and goals for external and internal communication, engagement and awareness projects
- Provide superb leadership and communications when responding to emerging situations tailored to all levels within Facebook
- Partner with all relevant teams for Global Security announcements
- Grow awareness and credibility of our Global Security brand and value
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print)
- Create a concise and effective messaging to clearly communicate the value and impact of Global Security across key focus areas and for multiple audiences
- Develop various presentations, ranging from keynotes, briefs to all hands meetings that embody our mission, values, strategic priorities and culture
- Provide editorial oversight for specified projects to ensure global alignment with organizational brand, voice and messaging
- Develop and present executive messaging: reports, summaries, presentations
- Support the leadership and collaborate with the relevant partners on program rollouts, change management, company and organizational values, branding
- Run all elements of internal and external events (all-hands, speaker series, hacks, info-sessions), to include logistics, agenda, content development, speaker prep, and more
- 20% travel required (domestic/international)
- 10+ years work experience, internal, corporate, and/or political communications experience
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, post-graduate or degree in communications, marketing or business
- Experience creating executive content, initiating and driving projects
- Knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience in branding and campaigns
- Supporting experience in strategic planning, public relations
- Experience working internationally
- Must be well organized and can meet strict deadlines and perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
Back to top