(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook's global network team is looking for a Interconnection Manager to join the backbone and edge engineering team to be a part of that journey. This team is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting one of the world's largest and most complex networks. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to work with partner networks around the globe to enable the explosive growth across the entire portfolio of products including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and more. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, and enjoy working with ISPs to provide comprehensive solutions for managing traffic.
- Lead planning efforts with ISPs for interconnection and caching, including building long term relationships and capacity plans
- Provide analysis and detailed planning support to the infrastructure, data analytics and product teams to enable in-depth understanding of partner ISP engagements
- Evaluate Facebook platform program goals from capacity, reliability, and performance perspectives, and translate these into requirements and drive roadmaps with partner ISPs
- Define the right mix of peering and caching for individual ISPs to meet the needs of the constantly evolving Facebook product portfolio.
- Solid understanding of internet infrastructure fundamentals: specifically IP, BGP routing, peering and content proxy caching
- Analytical and data driven bias, evidenced by experience of partner negotiations in telecommunications
- Willing to travel
- 4+ years of experience
- B.S. or B.A. in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top