Interaction Designer - Oculus
As an Interaction Designer on the Facebook Reality Labs(FRL) team, you will be working on the cutting edge of Augmented Reality experiences. With our Research Team, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define the future of how people interact in AR. You love solving novel problems from first principles. Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology. Work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
You'll be responsible for researching, designing and prototyping interactions for AR. You'll work closely with engineers and researchers at Facebook Reality Labs(FRL). This position is full-time and based in Redmond.
- Define and synthesize user requirements.
- Help establish design processes to align cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with engineering and research teams.
- Design end-to-end flows and visuals and individually contribute to the feature set.
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content designers, overseeing the implementation of the user experience.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Help build product strategy.
- Advocate for product design within Oculus research.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- Design and leadership experience in cross-functional environments.
- 5+ years of experience in shipping software products.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research.
- Experience in thinking at a level about product strategy and vision.
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction and visual work.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Prototyping experience.
- Experience working with researchers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top