Intellectual Property Escalations Specialist, Risk and Response
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
As a member of the Risk and Response team, you are at the forefront of solving problems for Facebook. The IP Escalations team is responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebookâ€™s policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving a clear voice to people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected, all the while scaling our operations to support Facebookâ€™s 2 billion users.
To be successful on our team, you must be passionate about intellectual property and, ideally, how legal rights intersect with online communities. You must also be interested in complex, data-driven project management and working with legal teams to effectively anticipate and mitigate risk for operational work. You must be excited to approach problems as opportunities and you need the strategy skills to identify the right questions to ask in order to find the right solutions. You should be comfortable defending your ideas while remaining open-minded and flexible to feedback from cross-functional teams and experts.
- Interpret and enforce Facebook/Instagram Intellectual Property standards and policies
- Review and process incoming reports of alleged legal rights infringement
- Proactively investigate, troubleshoot, and drive our most sensitive and complex IP escalations to resolution, and communicate to cross-functional partners involved throughout the whole process
- Root-cause escalated cases and collaborate with cross-functional partners to drive continuous improvement to process, policy, product, tools or quality in the interest of improving site and user experience
- Develop and implement scalable solutions to support our global processes
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and operational guidelines
- Work on projects as needed to scale and improve our IP escalations function and processes
- Please note that some non-traditional and/or flexible work hours will be required including weekends
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of experience in an online operations, legal operations, project management or online escalations environment
- Experience driving cases through process of resolution
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences
- Experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R)
- Understanding of how the broader social media landscape is changing
- Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries, without positional authority
- Understanding of Facebook's operational guidelines and knowledge of Facebooks' suite of products
Back to top