Passionate about diving into the world of big data and trends analyses? Interested in solving complex problems that are geared towards improving Facebook and its community's experiences? Excited about learning how to scale and automate processes? Come join Site Integrity at Facebook! The Site Integrity teams uses a state of the art Haskell-based system to prevent spam and abuse from impacting Facebook. We are building an analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering, operations and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of content at scale. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to reduce abuse and negative user experiences across the platform. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
INTEGRITY SCIENTIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to identify trends and opportunities in driving down spam and other nefarious behavior
- Analyze and interpret data in order to devise hypotheses on how spam and other nefarious activity is proliferating
- Implement effective countermeasures to eliminate spam based on these identified patterns
- Requires contributing to Facebook's anti-abuse codebase in Haskell.
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the team's direction overall
- Partner with Data Science, Product, Engineering and Operations teams to solve problems at scale
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees.
- Experience in adversarial space like fraud and spam.
- Experience with data sets and familiarity with SQL.
- Development experience in Haskell.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Data Enablement Solutions Partner- People Data Solutions
Menlo Park, CA
- Data Engineer, GMS
Menlo Park, CA
- Data Scientist, Analytics - New Product Experimentation
Menlo Park, CA
- Marketing Science Partner, GSO Coverage
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Marketing Science Program Manager
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Program Manager, Business Planning and Operations - SBG
Austin, TX + 2 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top