Integration Engineer, Rural ISPs, Internet.org
(Hyderabad, India - Mumbai, India - New Delhi, India - Gurgaon, India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org's partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world.
This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with Network Infrastructure Companies and Internet Service Providers, delivering affordable Internet service to the unconnected in rural areas. As an Integration Engineer you will handle the technical relationship with Internet Service Providers based in rural areas worldwide, and work closely with the Facebook account managers to draft the partnership roadmap to provide affordable and reliable Internet access.
This is a full-time position based in Gurgaon.
- Deeply understand the various Facebook platforms and underlying implementation
- Be a technical expert on integrating Wi-Fi network solutions, Facebook software and internet.org core features with ISPs' infrastructure
- Help our partners to launch the internet.org service in their networks
- Manage the technical relationship with the ISP partners, provide technical support and handle service outages
- Drive partner requirements, bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering
- Write documentation, samples, and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience (3+ years) as a solutions engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in IT/networking field
- Deep hands-on experience of Linux/UNIX systems, Internet protocol stack, system administration, deployment automation. Experience in scripting (bash, python)
- Good understanding of modern large-scale internet service architectures (load balancing, LAMP stack, CDNs)
- Hands-on experience on configuring and maintaining commons applications such as Apache, memcached, squid, mysql, nfs, dncp, ntp, ssh, dns, snmp
- Experience on core networks (Layers 1-3)
- Experience on access networks (air interface, backhaul)
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's), even if you haven't worked on one
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Good communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Willingness to travel extensively
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top