Integration Engineer, Carriers, Internet.org
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org’s partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with global operators on creating new business models to bring affordable Internet to the unconnected.As an Integration Engineer you will work closely with the Facebook account managers throughout Asia Pacific/EMEA/LatAm handling the technical relationships with mobile operators and content providers and collaboratively draft the partnership roadmaps to provide hundreds of millions of people with affordable and reliable mobile internet access. You will work with various mobile operators to create special pricing campaigns, customize Facebook products/platforms to their requirements, do deployments and testing and provide ongoing support. You will also work with the Infrastructure team to analyze and resolve the issues reported by Operators and evaluate possible improvements in the infrastructure deployments. The role is based out of our Dubai office and works with our strategic mobile partners including Mobile Operators to integrate affordable basic Internet services including Facebook into their mobile offerings. The integration between Facebook infrastructure and Operator networks will allow for tariff segmentation and new business models for affordable Internet whilst driving new features in collaboration with Facebook product teams.
- Implement technical integrations with Mobile Operators realizing and optimizing the Facebook mobile user experience. This includes planning, specification, implementation, testing and roll-out of the integration
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people’s experiences with our products
- Work with Facebook Growth and infrastructure team in creating and executing new programs with operators worldwide to increase Facebook accessibility and engagement
- Customize Facebook products without too much fragmentation
- test, deploy and provide ongoing support
- Drive roadmaps and implementations together with the Facebook product and engineering team while maintaining a broader view of Operators’ requirements and the market needs
- Troubleshoot partners technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Help scale programs by writing whitepapers, documentations, samples and other materials that can be used by Operators for integrating with Facebook infrastructure
- Previous experience as a solutions engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space. Emphasis on coding and scripting is a must.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- Good understanding of Operator’s infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially packet core infrastructure (2G/3G and 4G), service (VAS) infrastructures, BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging (online/offline charging, mediation), advanced packet core features (PCRF, DPI) preferred
- Writing technical documentation, case studies and whitepapers.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various countries approximately 50% of the time
- Development experience and knowledge of SDLC and languages (Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java) is essential.Solid understanding of IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures) and network protocols on different layers (OSI layer model – IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, HTTP, SMPP, GTP, Diameter, MAP, CAMEL) preferred with good knowledge of different data exchange formats, protocols and common telecom infrastructure APIs in general
- Proficient in Unix/Linux environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top