Instructional Designer, Facebook Blueprint
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to join the Facebook Blueprint team. Blueprint is global training program designed to educate advertisers, agencies, marketing partners, and small businesses on how to meet their business goals using the Facebook family of apps and services. The Blueprint team is entrepreneurial-minded and dedicated to delivering the ultimate learning experiences for partners across multiple channels. Our mission is to democratize scaled education for businesses big and small. The program has three pillars: Blueprint eLearning (online courses and MOOC training), Blueprint Live: (interactive in-person workshops), and Blueprint Certification (proctored exams that test advanced-level competency in Facebook advertising). The Instructional Designer will be a vital part of creating content for both online (eLearning) and in-person (Live) environments. The individual will work with internal stakeholders to build interactive, high-impact training solutions. If you have a passion for education and the development of training programs, enjoy leading next generation innovative online learning deliveries and want to join a fast-growing team as we embark on this journey, then this might be the team for you.
- Work directly with partners and internal stakeholders to understand and characterize learning needs
- Become the expert for a range Facebook products and translate technical content into layman's terms
- Design engaging, informative, and visually compelling content for a variety of audiences and delivery modes
- Develop high-quality impactful learning interventions and experiences in both web-based and instructor-led environments
- Continually work to ensure all training materials are consistent and up-to-date and in line with products and larger training goals and initiatives
- Able to adjust to changes in priorities or scope of projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education, Journalism, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in curriculum design or educational content development
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects at one time
- Consulting, relationship-management, and advocacy experience
- Interpersonal communication and problem-solving experience
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and management of both online and instructor-led training solutions
- Experience drafting and editing
- Experience with visual design
- Web-based, eLearning, technical skills (Ex. HTML5, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Understanding of digital marketing and advertising teams and internal workings of agencies
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top