Instructional Design Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community.
Instructional Design Manager within the CO Global Training team will partner with our Global CO managers and leaders to assess, define and develop learning solutions to address specific learning needs across global CO. This Instructional Design Manager will also partner with various cross functional teams to ensure that our learning solutions are informed and aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Facebook and/or the digital media industry, extensive expertise in instructional design, including production of scalable learning solutions, a high degree of creativity and experience in learning strategy development, problem solving and project management. This position is full-time based in Menlo Park.
- Establish and implement an instructional design methodology for both instructor-led content and self-paced, digital content which delivers a blended and "right-sized" experience for audiences
- Design and develop learning assets for our global teams to support learning at scale
- Work closely with the Training team and CO management to develop effective and engaging training programs for current and newly-hired employees
- Assist in the implementation of a range of training programs based on business needs
- Conduct content "hack" sessions and lead discussions around how to identify learning objectives and which learning modalities are most appropriate
- Identify and clearly define the ROI metrics for trainings and utilize for continuous improvement.
- Train team on workplace learning theories, new technologies and job aides
- Support the evaluation of individual classroom modules and courses, as well as instructional programs
- Leverage Facebook learning technology such as LEARN, Groups, Live to create bite-sized learning content which is measurable and cutting-edge
- Build relationships within L&D and other cross-functional business partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities
- Role requires 30% travel
- BA or BS Degree
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of instructional design experience/background
- Experience using rapid development e-Learning tools (such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
- Experience in developing online and blended learning solutions - incorporating graphics, audio, video, and animation
- Ability to demonstrate effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Experience using standard publishing tools (Office and Adobe products)
- Experience in virtual (instructor led, web-based) classroom course development and delivery
- Experience working with an LMS
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects, and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in project management, specifically with product training
- Instructional design experience/background in the tech space
- 5+ years of professional instructional design experience in a major customer service and/or corporate training environment within a multicultural structure
- Experience working directly with Operations and/or Customer Support teams' learning challenges
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top