Instagram UX Researcher, Well-being (Mixed Methods)
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for Instagram's billion users. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Our primary research ranges from formative to evaluative, using approaches such as quantitative surveys, diary studies, in-depth interviews, and contextual inquiries. For this position, we are looking for individuals with a mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) and who bring an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights. The right candidates will be effective communicators who have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, who are passionate about bringing access of Instagram to people around the world, and who are comfortable in a flat, fast-moving, collaborative organization.
INSTAGRAM UX RESEARCHER, WELL-BEING (MIXED METHODS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right question
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, data science, design, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, or Social Science
- 3 or more years of experience with applied research
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB, or similar statistical packages
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Master in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Social Science
- 5 or more years of experience with applied research
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top