Instagram Strategic Partner Manager, Japan
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.Instagram's mission is to help people capture and share the world's moments, and our passion for creativity and simplicity is woven into everything we do. A career at Instagram offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Instagram is seeking an experienced Strategic Partner Manager professional to manage, maintain and build strategic operations for Instagram across media, entertainment, sports and news verticals. This role will help bring scale to our key partners in these spaces, ensuring that these relationships meet strategic objectives of both partners and Instagram. This job requires high levels of creativity and strategic thinking, as you'll be called upon to help both large media companies, public figures, and start-ups develop innovative social experiences in partnership with Instagram.You should be as comfortable working with partners as working cross-functionally with colleagues across Partnerships, Product, Communications, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Legal to help meet the strategic objectives of partners and Instagram. You should also expect to handle day-to-day operations and partnership management with many of our media partners, field and prioritize incoming requests, troubleshoot partner issues, and improve partner performance. This position is located in our Tokyo office.
- Work with a variety of partners to help them achieve their goals with Instagram
- Help support and work closely with the Facebook Media Partnerships and Instagram colleagues on project planning and coordination for key moments and opportunities (e.g. around key events, product launches, etc)
- Be an internal advocate with cross-functional teams - ranging from product and engineering to communications and sales
- Negotiate and manage complex strategic programs that drive growth and engagement
- Serve as internal advocate within Instagram for partners, including working with Sales and Product teams
- Operationalize and set strategy for partner integrations across entertainment and lifestyle verticals
- Lead strategy and outreach efforts with public figures and industry influencers to develop innovative and high impact partnerships
- Track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners
- Craft best practices for Instagram
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years experience with digital initiatives and/or experience in a relevant partner management or program management role
- Understand and enjoy the complexities of the traditional entertainment and media industries
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, and effectively influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive multiple time-sensitive, high-priority projects
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to serve as a spokesperson for Instagram
- Deep passion for Instagram and social media
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Should be creative and able to tap into the artistic vision that is core to Instagram
- Native level in Japanese and business level of English is required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top