Instagram - Software Engineer, Systems (Messaging Infrastructure)
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Instagram Direct team works on building the messaging service for the visual future, to strengthen relationships with the people closest to you through shared visual moments. With over 375 million monthly users, Direct is already one of the top global messaging services by number of active users.
The Instagram Direct Server Infra team is building the next generation of infrastructure to serve the extremely fast-growing user base. Our infrastructure includes real-time messaging, consistent messaging queue, highly scalable and distributed messaging storage, global multi-region deployment and management, etc. and has a specific focus on visual messages.
- Build server side infrastructure for Instagram Direct
- Architect efficient and modular abstractions that drive reliable and performant messaging
- Improve messaging reliability, performance and efficiency across the Instagram app and the Direct app
- Debug messaging infra issues at scale, every edge case is seen by millions of people
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- 4+ years experience in system backend or infrastructure
- Experience architecting and leading backend infrastructure projects
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience in networking and distributed system
Back to top