Instagram - Software Engineer, iOS (Profile)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Instagram Profile team is a nimble group that helps people establish their visual identity on Instagram. Most recently we shipped Stories Archive and Highlights, which allow you to permanently save all of your stories for yourself and feature your favorite memories on your profile. We're exploring ways to make your Instagram Profile more immersive & fun; and strengthen relationships with your friends and family over social memories in Archive.
The position is full-time and based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Building features for Instagram Profile in Objective-C
- Independently tech lead groups of engineers through developing features, as part of this, you will also be working closely with product managers and designers
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science with 5+ years in software development experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping iOS applications of scale where you worked on the most challenging components
- Knowledge and experience in architecture
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience leading groups of engineers
- A strong sense for good code quality and architecture, you will be expected to pro-actively better the code-base and contribute technical ideas to the team
- A strong mentor to iOS engineers, your peers are expected to grow from your presence on the team
- A strong appreciation for the creative process that comes with developing original product
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top